Monday 7 January 2013

Challenge Entry: Alicia's Little Shop

Hi, I'm back today with a quick card I whipped up for a challenge over at Alicia's Little Shop. Alicia draws the most amazing digital stamps and you have to hop over and have a browse!


All cardstock is by Pure Luxury, Heavy Based by GinaK Designs. The pink and white gingham DP is a left over piece from my stash and the twine is by Timeless Twine. I added rhinestones, stickles and glossy accents from my stash.
The image is 'Alicia and her little cat' by Alicia Bel.
I printed the image and coloured it using Copic Markers and then fussy cut it. I really struggle with colouring digis, as I find the Copic Markers cause 'bleeding' and streaking. This seems to be worse for lighter colours. I've tried printing in Draft mode and I heat set the images with a heat gun after printing. Any ideas??

Thanks for popping in!
Hugs,
M

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you for playing the challenge.

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Great image and card - as for the colouring, not sure if you're using the correct cardstock as Copics will bleed on 'normal' card plus you do need to print with a toner cartridge not inkjet. Hope this helps :)